A chronicle of things to see and do in-and-around Bengaluru (2017 -19)
- A drive to the Big Banyan Tree : Dodda Alada Mara - The Big Banyan Tree, (kannada: The Dodda Aalada Mara) is a giant 400-year-old banyan tree (Ficus benghalensis), located in the village of Kethohalli in the Bangalore, about 10 minutes drive if you are around Mysore Road, near Kengeri.
- Looking for an ideal way to spend with kids? Check out Jawahar Lal Nehru Planetarium - If you are looking for an ideal way to spend with family, kids and others interested in Astronomy? Check out Jawahar Lal Nehru Planetarium. Located at the heart of the city, Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium (JNP) is administered by the Bangalore Association for Science Education (BASE). BASE is devoted to science popularisation and non formal science education.
- 26th January - Lalbagh flower show 2018 - "Every year on Independence Day and Republic day, flower shows are organized at the Lalbagh Botanical Garden. The event is jointly organized by Department of Horticulture and Mysore Horticulture Society, this flower show has been one of the most awaited events in the Garden City."
- A visit to 43rd Annual Cake Show, Bengaluru 2017 - As of December 2017, the popular 43rd Annual Cake Show is back at St.Josephs School Grounds in Bengaluru.
- Nandi Hills - A day trip out of Bengaluru - a day trip to Nandi-Hills is a perennial favorite for Bangaloreans. I had been there several times during my school and college days and decided to take little Vijay for a summer day-trip.